Wednesday, June 8, 2016

The graphics of Harvest Peaks: Town Diner

It's easy to speak of a game without having much in your hands to show. So, let's take a look at one of the town's locations, the Diner.

Click on the image to view a crisp, 3x version.
I am a newcomer to pixel art so it should come as no surprise if many outlines are improper or object proportions are slightly off -at least for what's common for this kind of graphics: some objects usually tend to be exaggerated in such games but I can't bring myself to follow this tradition.

Ignore the little guy behind the counter -it's just for helping measure the size/height of other objects.

So how does it look? Can you tell what's on the table next to the door? Should I add more objects, Should I make some objects bigger and thus more identifiable? What about the colors? Let me know!

1 comment:

  1. Looking good, I'll have to say as feedback that the item next to the door is rather difficult to identify. Other then that it looks good, perhaps you could make the chairs on the left side slightly larger and hence easier to identify :)

    ReplyDelete